The College of Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking highly qualified students to serve as Engineering Ambassadors. The goals of the Engineering Ambassadors program are to provide exceptional outreach service throughout the College of Engineering, hone the communication and leadership skills of the Ambassadors, and provide opportunities and experiences that will lead to personal and professional growth of the Ambassadors. Engineering Ambassadors are involved with activities related to recruiting, retention, outreach, and industry relations for the College of Engineering.
There are a limited number of Engineering Ambassador positions available each year, so the application process is competitive.
The 2017 Fall Application process is complete. Please contact email@example.com for more info on when the application will oepn again.
- Do you have a high level of personal and professional character?
- Do you have a willingness and passion for developing exceptional communication skills and leadership ability?
- Are you enthusiastic toward the field of engineering, the College, and the Univ. of Illinois?
- Do you want to stand out and be known within the College?
- Are you reliable and willing to commit some of your time each semester to be a part of an awesome team that serves the outreach goals of the College of Engineering?
- Are you a student in the College of Engineering?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then you should consider applying to be Engineering Ambassador!
Benefits of being an Engineering Ambassadors
- Receive advanced communications training and an outstanding variety of communication experiences.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities with College administrators, faculty, alumni, and industry representatives.
- Excellent resume addition that provides concrete evidence to employers of your communications expertise. Ambassador experiences also provide terrific talking points in interviews.
- Once you become an Engineering Ambassador, you are able to continue until you graduate (provided you remain in good standing within the organization).
- Receive an Engineering Ambassadors polo shirt and fleece (required to be worn during Ambassador events).
- The opportunity to "leave your mark" and give back to the Univ. of Illinois and the College of Engineering.
- Be a part of a fun and exciting team!
Responsibilites of an Engineering Ambassadors
- Participate in at least 4 Engineering Ambassador "events" each semester. The events will vary in nature and could be presentations for a variety of audiences, College tours for visitors, community outreach, middle and high school outreach, contributions to the Engineering Ambassadors website (blog, video posts, Facebook, Twitter), etc. The majority of events for most Ambassadors will occur on campus.
- Ability to commit to at least two semesters (Fall and Spring) of Engineering Ambassadors membership.
- Willingness to prioritize Engineering Ambassador activities when needed and ability to be flexible and responsive to the needs of the organization.
- In order to be an active member, you must have been formally trained in Communication (class or workshop)